Today is the day that the movie of Wrinkle in Time opens in movie theatres. It's appropriate that I revisit this blog now, after a block of time away. I'll make an effort to continue posted here on a daily basis. This week has also been Open Education Week - which I've been participating in, in some small ways.
On Monday, I was one of the guest speakers in a webinar hosted by Katya P. from OCUL (Ontario Colleges and Universities Libraries). I unfortunately was double booked for this time and my efforts to do both at the same time did not work out as well as it could. My open participation was done from a dressing room in a wedding dress shop and finished at a table in a coffee shop.
On Tuesday, I participated in the eCampus Ontario Extend workshop with a colleague - we drove to Peterborough, Fleming College to attend in person. The three 'legs' of this program include 1. daily creates, 2. activity bank, and 3. Domain of one's own [Extend Studios]. This work will be done under the umbrella of six modules [Extend Modules] which will distribute badges as we create and produce content. I started blogging with the Ontario Extend category linking my Five Flames blog site to the RSS feed with other's blogs [Extending into the Open]. I collected a list of #ExtendEast participants on Twitter and shared it on my blog.
Today I'm participating in a webinar [#OER18 preview] hosted by Teresa MacKinnon in the UK with guest speakers Lorna Campbell, Momodou Sallah, and David Wiley. I joined after receiving a notification from Teresa about this session and was able to fit it into the day. The full day of Open Education webinars [Open Education Week Web-a-thon], this being only one of many being done today, has been organized by Jenni Hayman, presented using the eCampus Zoom resource. I'll also be joining Jenni for a few moments in an eCampus Ontario chat session.
It's been a busy week, since I have also suffered through a nasty head cold. This hasn't held me back but did have me staying home rather than driving to teach my class last night. I'm fortunate that my students are capable of creating and participating using digital technologies, so teaching from my home was not a problem. I set up the learning 'events' to engage the students with the content from the web page for the day. Open access, open learning.