- creative story telling activities done over a few weeks - one of the students just wrote a blog post about these activities and the impact of these activities to her learning
- making rubrics in class - applied to digital storytelling - conversations while they were doing this - I had four working groups gathered around large chart paper; I wandered from group to group to respond to points, challenges and discussions. This created conversations about having time to practice something before they were evaluated on it - as they had a rubric due for another instructor without having any time or opportunity to explore & experiment in guided practice.
These items, from the eyes and voices of my students are NOT items I would take into the open. These are personal, reflective and focused on my relationship with these students. Not open for open publication. But important for the feeling of openness within the classroom in terms of topics of conversation.